"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Y is for You Can't Do That On Television


Ok, off the heels of yesterday's lukewarm post I am totally stoked about this one.  This show is a bit more obscure so I will forgive you if you are not familiar with it.  Maybe I can persuade you?!



This show is hilarious.  Basically it is a preteen SNL.  A sketch comedy of sorts where all of the actors are teens, so you have that kind of fun humor.  Oh, and it was the 80's so think about all of the hair and clothes.  Oh, and they're mainly all Canadian so you get the fun accents too!  Sounds like a winner, right?  I can't even begin to tell you where you might find episodes.  Maybe YouTube?  Probably.  They were also known for the running gag of sliming the kids with a green, gooey substance whenever they said "I don't know".  Sure there are now reports from the former child stars that the slime was toxic and has had negative long-term effects on their health, but back then it was hilarious.  Well, it still is for me.  

The show is also known for the fact that Alanis Morissette was one of the child actors.  In fact, many of the actors went on to be somewhat well known, well maybe more so in Canada.  Either way it was a great show and if you grew up in the 80's and watched Nickelodeon then I am sure you are familiar with it.  If you have no clue what I am talking about, be sure to head to this website to learn more!  Go ahead and go there now.  I'm done here!

All is well, 25/26 down, in Drosche Land.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember this show. Wasn't it on Nicolodean, and wasn't there slime involved sometimes? Or was that another show.
    I had no idea it was from Canada. Maybe that's why I kept sayin Eh a lot in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they paved the way for Nick to become what it is today!! it was so awesome!!! great job with the challenge =)

    ReplyDelete