"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 03, 2014

C is for Charlie's Angels



Day 3 already?  Time is flying by!  Here we go!



Clearly by the image above you can tell that I'm not talking about the recent 2011 reboot of this show. Nope. I didn't even watch it. Not one of the measly 7 aired episodes. Why mess with a classic?  But enough about that inferior copy. On with the original. 

Come on. How can you not love Charlie's Angels?  3 beautiful women who also just happen to possess ridiculously amazing crime-fighting skills and wits?  Rescued by an unseen benefactor?  Trained to do what law enforcement can't: solve crimes while maintaining glamorously coiffed hair. I don't get why anyone wouldn't be a fan. 

Sure it was was a little campy with often far-fetched plot lines. That's the beauty of it. As the years went on some angels came and went and the final seasons are nowhere near as good as the first. The girls just don't have that same magical make up that the first 3 did, but it was great nonetheless.   I totally plan on exposing the kids to Charlie's Angels when they're older. Who knows?  I could see Stella as an angel, she definitely has the personality.  

So, are you a fan?  Love it?  Hate it?  Regardless, it is a timeless classic and I now have the theme music stuck in my head. Plus, you can't tell me you and a couple of friends never struck that famous pose while sporting some finger guns?

All is well, 3/26 down, in Drosche Land. 

2 comments:

  1. Well truly I find it a little stupid. But hey that's my opinion ofcourse.

    Happy A to Zing
    - Kripali
    (AJ's wHooligans)
    Sumptuous Living
    A2ZFiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, not everyone can be a fan I guess! :)

      Delete