"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

S is for Survivor


The grandfather of all reality TV shows. Survivor. Surely you are familiar with this show. It has spawned countless copycats and inspired many others in the genre. Another family favorite here in Drosche Land.


Amy and I have a history with this show. It benga when we were in college and we were instantly hooked. Regular people competing against each other in the wilderness to not only win a million dollars, but to survive while doing so. Awesome. We even had viewing parties with our friends in college. Good times. Then we graduated, got married, got jobs, had kids. We quickly ran out of time for just watching TV and doing nothing else. We had to be judicious. Some things fell to the wayside. Sadly, Survivor was one of them. Factor in time without cable and a DVR and we just stopped watching. 

However, cable is back here in Drosche Land and, thanks also to On Demand, we were able to find time again to discover Survivor. We rekindled our love for it. Like riding a bike (I can guess since I can't ride a bike (story for another post)) we fell right back in with it. The boys quickly developed an affinity for Survivor as well, enjoying the competitions and gameplay aspects of it all. So, what started so long ago as a fun dive into a new genre has come full circle as we now enjoy it all together. 

So, Survivor?  Love it?  Hate it?  I love some reality TV and of course Survivor comes in at the top as having started the trend.   Think you could survive?  I don't know how long I'd last. 

All is well, 19/26 down, in Drosche Land.   

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet and connect through atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the show, but I've never watched it. I'm not sure why, but it didn't suck me in like it did my friends. Perhaps it's because I resisted.

    ReplyDelete