"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

G is for The Golden Girls


Well, there was no difficulty in deciding on today's topic. None whatsoever.  I didn't even need to think of what shows might begin with a "G", this one was one of the first posts that came to mind when I decided on a theme. So, here goes.



Thank you for being a friend. Another iconic theme song to go with another iconic show. I will admit though that this is somewhat of a polarizing show; either you love it or you hate it. Clearly I LOVE it (Amy, not so much). Goofy lovable Rose. Sarcastic and headstrong Dorothy. Hormonally charged Blanche.  Kooky old Sophia. I don't have a favorite. They are each awesome and together make the show amazing. It is hilarious. I remember watching it when I was little and I still will stop and watch it if I come across it, and it always seems to be on.  I have seen every episode at least a dozen times, some more.  I know not every little kid was a huge fan about watching The Golden Girls, but it was. I've always had an eclectic taste when it comes to TV and music, I like a wide variety. I still will watch anything with Betty White in it.  I mean, what other 90 year old is that hilarious?!  I do have one season on DVD, but am eagerly awaiting the day it becomes available on Netflix. This is my go-to show. The one I can always watch, no matter what. It always makes me laugh and never gets old.

I feel like I could go on and on about this but I'm sure you don't want me to.  I don't know if I have a favorite episode, there are just too many. Hurricanes. Trips. Jobs. Relationships. The humor. The characters. The cheesecake. It is just all perfect. 

What do you think. I'm severely aging myself with this show, but oh well. Are you a fan or not?  Although I just can't imagine someone not being!  :)

All is well, 7/26 down, in Drosche Land. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved Golden Girls. Who knew a show about old people could be so interesting. My favorite was Sophia - Picture it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice! I always did love a great Sophia story!

      Delete
  2. Hi, visiting from the a-z. Never really got into this show. My mom was a huge fan. I do like Betty White though. Loved her in that Sandra Bullock movie (where she goes to Alaska...can't remember title now). Looking over your post list, I can tell you've been having a lot of fun!
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read of the Golden Girls in books. Seems like a nice show.

    ReplyDelete