"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for I Love Lucy


Was there any question about today's post?  Is there even any other TV show that begins with an "I"?  Not in my book. This is it. The ONE. 


You can't get any more iconic or groundbreaking than Lucille Ball. Seriously. At least not when it comes to comedy. She is legendary. Who hasn't heard of her?  Who hasn't at least seen a clip?  This is one of my all-time favorite shows. Sure I've said that already this month and I am sure I will say it again, but I mean it. I do love her. Again, this is a show that I could watch at any point no matter when it was on. Despite having seen every episode multiple times. A favorite?  Gosh, that's hard. Vitameatavegamin. The candy factory. Those definitely rank up there. Stomping grapes?  When she announces she's pregnant?  Lighting her fake nose on fire?  Yep, they're up there too. 

I have always been a huge fan and went through a slightly obsessive phase when I was a kid, collecting all things Lucy. Ok. So maybe that phase went on for a while and maybe it has never truly gone away. I have all of the Hallmark Christmas ornaments and Amy always makes sure that they get special spots on the tree. Ahhhh. Lucy. My hope is that one day the kids will love her too. It's a little harder to expose them though since it's black and white and clearly from an entirely different era. But I hold out hope. 

So, how can you not be a fan?  At least not a little?  Favorite episode or are you torn too?  Surely you love her too?!

All is well, 9/26 down, in Drosche Land. 

2 comments:

  1. My favourite comedy, too. That girl is extremely funny. at the time of writing is I can hear her husky voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy had an interesting life, a hard one at times. I watched her life story on Netflix once. I adore the old I Love Lucy episodes. The one where she and Ethyl are working at the candy factory and the conveyor belt speeds up is my favorite. Hilarious! Shells–Tales–Sails.

    ReplyDelete