"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 26, 2014

W is for The Walking Dead


Ok. So I have been waiting to write about this show since I thought of the theme for this year's challenge.  I am so excited!  For me, "W" couldn't have been for anything else!


So you know I love scary movies, TV shows, and books. Well, zombies might be my favorite monster. The undead, wandering around, decaying, wanting only to eat my braaaaiiins!  Awesome. Ok, so the zombies (walkers) in The Walking Dead don't say "braaaaiiins" or anything else, but the gurgling/breathing/guttural noises they make are better. There's also something fascinating about a post-apocalyptic world too. No electricity, running water, or any of huge other modern conveniences that we rely upon. Then factor in the fight for your life against the undead. Mesmerizing. 

In addition to the horror factor, this show is also a fascinating look at human nature and what happens when societal norms and government are no more. Deep huh?  I don't see how you couldn't at least know about this show, even if you haven't ever seen it.  And, if you haven't ever seen it, well I can't understand that either.

In breaking with what has become the norm here, I actually am all caught up and current with this show. I love it that much. Thanks in part to my wonderful wife for letting me watch the season finale live and for On Demand for ensuring the episodes are available at all times!  I cannot wait until October when it returns. Until then I will just wait and wait and wait. Oh and read the entire series of graphic novels which I am also obsessed with!  

All is well, 23/26 down and just looking at the flowers, in Drosche Land. 

2 comments:

  1. Is it really terrible that I haven't seen this at all? We don't pay for cable, for one thing (although we do have Netflix), but zombies really aren't my thing! The storyline sounds really interesting, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if zombies and horror aren't your thing then you may not like it. But give it a shot for the storylines for sure. You just might get hooked!

      Delete