"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 07, 2014

F is for The Facts of Life and Friends


Ok, so with "F" came another conundrum. However, this one was easy to deal with after my realization from "D" that I would mention 2. So, on with the post about 2 awesome TV shows, both with iconic theme songs. Which are you singing now?



You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have: The Facts of Life. There, if you weren't singing it before, hopefully you are now.  How can you not love this show?  It was hilarious. It dealt with many hard-hitting teen life topics. They went on goofy vacations to far away places.  A group of friends that stuck together through school, jobs, relationships, etc. Who wouldn't want a group of friends like this?  Sure, as the series grew long in the tooth the plot lines weren't as great as they were before, but it was still good. Yet again I find myself wishing that this were available on Netflix. Maybe some day?  I know that I'm not the only fan of this show since there was a reunion episode, also awesome, that occurred in 2001, over a decade after the series ended.  So, who was your favorite?  Tootie?  Jo?  Blair?  Natalie?  Mrs. Garrett?  Too hard to choose huh?  

So no one told you life was gonna be this way (clap clap clap clap clap). There.  If you didn't have the first theme song stuck in your head, maybe now you have this one. Or maybe this one will take its place. Another iconic TV series, again about a group of friends that go through life's ups and downs together and always remain close. It's hard to believe but this year marks 10 years since the show went off the air and 20 since it premiered. 20?!  Seriously?!  Am I that old?  Anywho, Friends is by far one of the best TV shows ever, both in my opinion and in that of many others. How many quotes do you still use in your daily life?  "Pivot!"  "How you doin'?"  Do you find yourself mentioning the love-life of lobsters when referring to true love?  Do you know the words to Smelly Cat?  I'm sure you know at least several of these and many more. If not, then you seriously need to invest in all 10 seasons on DVD and enter into a marathon. We have several seasons on DVD but it would be great to have them all. I don't think they're on Netflix though, I'll have to check. Luckily there is always some channel playing an episode of Friends at some point during the day.  Hopefully that will always be the case!

So, have I gotten one or both songs stuck in your head?  I hope so, they're firmly implanted in mine!  If you're not a fan of both of these shows, hopefully that will change soon!

All is well, 6/26 down, in Drosche Land. 


8 comments:

  1. Ah, Smelly Cat! One of the best T.V programmes of our time was Friends. We watch the reruns and own the DVDs. It still has us laughing. I've never heard of The Facts of Life though, may have to look out for that one. Thanks for giving me permission to sing - No one likes to hear me sing. Lol.
    http://thewayofwytch.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're also a Friends fan. Definitely check out The Facts of Life though! :)

      Delete
  2. How have I not seen The Facts of Life? As for Friends, that one is hard to avoid. Awesome picks for the challenge today. New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best A to Z posts ever. I love all of these old shows. Everytime I think about Ross wearing those leather pants I laugh. And When Joe got stuck in the Turkey. And... I could go on and on.

    The Facts of Life rocked.
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those were great Friends episodes! The turkey one makes me laugh just thinking about it! And the leather pants! :)

      Delete
  4. I've watched some episodes of Friends but I was a little too young when it was on TV to be allowed to watch it! I'm kind of obsessed with Big Bang Theory which is basically a nerdy version of Friends :)

    Stopping by from the A to Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I guess you're right, it is a similar premise! I'd never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete