"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

M is for Mad Men


Oooooh, I have been looking forward to today's post since I figured out this theme. I LOVE this show.  Let's go. 



So, the first of two AMC shows of this month and also probably my other most favorite show of the moment, in addition to AMC's The Walking Dead (obviously for "W"). Where do I begin?  Have you seen this show?  It is amazing. I love a good period show (remember Downton Abbey?) and the 1950's and 1960's are fascinating. Throw in the advertising angle (once upon a time many moons ago advertising was my dream career) and I'm hooked. The acting is stellar and the characters are so well developed. I get lost in the story lines so easily. I also love how cultural references are worked in throughout the plot and also influence the story as it develops. It has been amazing to see it change over the past 6 seasons as they deal with all of the many issues and events of the 1960's. Equal Rights, feminism, the race to the Moon, etc.  Amazing.  It is clear to see why it has won so many awards. The cast works so well together yet each one does an outstanding job alone. 

As I write this the 7th, and final, season has already premiered (last night) but I am still getting caught up on Season 6 thanks to Netflix. My plan is to binge on that when I can and get caught up via On Demand with the current season. I'm saddened that this is the show's last season, I will miss it. But I also can't wait to see how they end it and tie up all of the loose ends that have developed over the past few years. 

Again, I LOVE this show and could go on and on about it but I will spare you. What about you?  A fan (how could you not be?)?  Who is your favorite character?  What is your favorite thing about the show?  Just writing this has given me the itch to watch an episode!!!

All is well, 13/26 (halfway!) down, in Drosche Land. 

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could love the show as much as you do, but I've never seen it. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make that one day soon! I love this show! :)

      Delete
  2. I've only seen a couple episodes, but I really loved the period feeling to it. People sometimes act is if society hasn't changed much in the last 50+ years, but this show is a good reminder that it has. Oh - and your post is a reminder to add Mad Men to my Netflix queue.

    Have you ever seen the movie "Down with Love"? It's like a comedy version of Mad Men, with Renee Zellweger and Ewan MacGregor. One of my favorite movies. :D

    ~Tui Snider~
    @TuiSnider on Twitter
    My blog: Tui Snider's Offbeat & Overlooked Travel
    I am also part of the #StoryDam team, a friendly writing community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, it does show how much everything has changed in a relatively short time! I'm glad to remind you!!! I will have to check that show out, sounds like I'd love it!

      Delete