"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for Jessie


Yes. Today's post is about a Disney show. Yes it is technically for kids. Yes. I am in my (ahem) 30's. Don't judge.  On with the post. 


I'm not afraid to admit I enjoy a good kids show. Doesn't everyone really?  I'd like to say that the fact that I have 3 kids is the reason I enjoy Jessie, but we all know that's just not true. Maybe I'm just a big kid at heart. I'm sure Amy would say that I act like one at times (she's nodding while reading this)!  So I am sure a lot of you might not have seen or heard of this show unless you A: have kids or B: are like me and just love kids shows. Sure it's a bit formulaic, your standard Disney kids show with physical goofy comedy and wacky situations but it's fun. A southern girl moves to New York to sing and act but has to pay the bills. She gets a job as a Nanny for a very wealthy couple's children, a mix of biological and internationally adopted. You can see how the comedy would ensue. I'm not going to lie, the adoption aspect of it is one that we enjoy, being smack in the middle of the process here ourselves. My boys are in love with Debby Ryan, the actress how plays the titular (ha, funny word) character, they think she is hilarious. Even Stella enjoys watching it with us. Maybe that's another reason I enjoy it so much, we can sit down and watch it all together and laugh. Thanks to Netflix we have seen every episode at least 4-5 times so we know the jokes and lines well, often quoting along with it.

So, I highly recommend it whether or not you have kids. It's just good and easy fun. You can relax and mindlessly watch it while multitasking a thousand other things. Have you seen it?  What do you think?  A fan?  Are there shows that you watch that aren't geared toward your age demographic, but you totally love?  It's ok, I'm with you!

All is well, 10/26 down, in Drosche Land. 



2 comments:

  1. I take it this is a recent show. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Kids shows are so light and they make me happy, too.
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I may have to check it out. Will have to see if my granddaughter watches it. I love kid's shows! Just saw Frozen with my granddaughter and loved Despicable Me 1 & 2:)
    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete