"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for. Lost


Ok.  Confession time.  I never finished watching Lost.  Don't throw anything.  I just didn't.  Many reasons I'll detail below but I still wanted to include it this month.  So, read on.


I remember when this landmark show premiered.  Amy and I were newlyweds living in our first apartment together.  The reviews and teasers intrigued us so of course we had to watch.  We were instantly hooked.  We were those people totally addicted from day one, living week to week to see what new mysteries would be uncovered.  What mysteries would be solved.  What answers, if any, would be given.  Where were they?  Dead?  Alien abduction?  Hidden island?  New dimension?  You name the theory we discussed it as we eagerly watched and looked for clues.  We did this for a few seasons.  However, time went on.  Life happened.  Life meaning hurricanes, moving, dogs, new jobs, and children.  You know the drill.  We grew confused and tired of the plot twists and unanswered questions.  New story lines popping up without clear resolution for those we'd been following.  We got frustrated.  We got, for lack of a better word, lost.  :)  So we stopped watching it.  I know, I know.  I still followed it in previews and in the news.  I remember when it ended, part of me wanted to watch but so much time had passed.  We were so out of the loop.  I did watch the final few minutes though.  Sometimes I can't resist a good spoiler.  So I know how it ended but I won't spoil it for you though in case you were like me and just have never committed to finishing it.

It is on Netflix, the entire series.  Maybe I'll start over again.  Rekindle that old flame.  Get caught up and relive it all on my own terms, as my own busy schedule allows.  Maybe.  Maybe then I will enjoy it more.  We will see.

What about you.  A fan of this show?  Did you watch it for its entire duration or did you give up on it?  Any other shows you were addicted to but grew apart from over time?  Did you ever give it a second chance?

All is well, 12/26 down, in Drosche Land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment