"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 18, 2014

P is for a Pretty Little Liars


Yes. That's what "P" is for. Don't judge. Read on. 


Yes I'm in my (early) 30s. Yes I'm a guy. Yes I know this show is based on a series of books written for, about, and geared to teen girls. Don't judge. Have you seen it?  It's good. Like a teenage soap opera. In fact, that's exactly what it is. I don't know about you but my high school years were not filled with murder mysteries, stalkers, crime drama, etc. Maybeyours were (yikes), but not me.

I've already mentioned this month that I'm a sucker for some guilty pleasures when it comes to TV shows. This one is no different. I like a good mystery/drama/thriller. It just so happens that this one centered around teens. Sure some of it is a bit outlandish, I mean how do these high school kids get get into these situations and do some of these things?  I guess that's what makes it a good (fictional) show.

So I do thoroughly enjoy this show. I got hooked late so I am forever getting caught up via Netflix, but that's not a bad thing. What about you?  Seen it?  Like it?  Was your high school experience anything like this?  Ha!  If you have never seen it, give it a shot. What's there to lose?  You can always turn it off, but hopefully you won't want to. 

All is well, 16/26 down, in Drosche Land. 

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, but thanks for the introduction. I kind of put it on the level of 90210 until you mentioned murder. In high school?
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, 90210 revamped, modernized, and edgier. With murder!

      Delete
  2. I, too, am addicted to this guilty pleasure; although, I have watched it from the beginning. It is the most unrealistic show on TV. (Where are.these girls' parents?) But for an hour each week, I suspend reality and just enjoy the drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I wonder too where the parents are and think that the fact that it is so unrealistic makes it just that much better!

      Delete