"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 24, 2015

Underneath & Uprising


1.  Underneath - Alanis Morissette.  I have loved Alanis since she first came around, way back in the 90's.  I was in high school back then and her first album, Jagged Little Pill, was one of my favorite CDs back in the day.  I have always bought all of her albums when they've come out and listened to them on repeat, memorizing them.  While she has somewhat faded from mainstream radio and airplay, she remains one of my all-time favorite artists.  This song is from one of her later albums and is all about changing yourself and being happy with yourself before you can change the world and others.  A good message, everyone should have a strong sense of self-worth and confidence.  Plus it's got a great hook and I just love Alanis.  Oh, and remember, she was an original character on You Can't Do That on Television (see last year's "Y" post here) so that is awesome too!

2.  Uprising - Muse.  Love this!  The beat is wicked.  Throw in the fact that it was used to promote the reboot of the series V (not as great as the original but still pretty cool) and it's a winner.  One that is great to crank up loud so you can feel the bass vibrate through you.  Surely I'm not the only one who does this with a good song?  Anywho, this song kicks and I'm listening to it now as I post.  It's also great to play when you need to be pumped up and ready to take on a big task or event, I mean the whole thing is about being victorious.  Win!

All is well, U down, in Drosche Land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment