"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Gimme More & The Gift




1.  Gimme More - Britney Spears. Yes. Britney. How could she not be included on my list this month. Anyone my age would.  Out of the many great Britney songs I chose this one to include. One, it begins with the letter "G" and, two it's great. It spawned the now-famous (or infamous) line, "It's Britney, B*tch!"  So it has to be included for that little pop culture nugget right there. Also, this was the song that she lip-synced to during that I'll-fates VMA performance. You know the one. Right before things went downhill. She'd been through a lot. Then that. Next thing you know she's shaving her head and beating off paparazzi with an umbrella.  But she's rebounded by now and things are on the upswing for her. Good. She will always be around and will always be awesome.  I mean hey, it's Britney, b*tch. (See what I did there?!)

2. The Gift - Aselin Debison. Oh my.  If you've never heard of this song head on over to iTunes right now. Hurry!  This is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs. Well of the modern genre, non-classic and non-religious. I have several categories. Anywho. This song is so beautiful. A little orphan girl, giving her only possession, all she had, to God as a Christmas gift. She's then rewarded for her selflessness. I tear up. Every. Single. Time. Love it. I'm a sucker for Christmas music, any time of the year. And this is just such a good one. 

All is well, G down, in Drosche Land. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not ashamed to say my mom, cousin and I used to jam to Gimme More.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete