"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Your Song & You and I


Your Song - Elton John. Classic. I love this song. It's a simple romantic song and has been covered many times. But again, the original is the best. I mean, it's Elton John. Having said that though, I do like the rendition from Moulin Rouge. But I like Baz Luhrmann and his movies. But I digress. This song. It's great. Makes me want to put on some oversized ostentatious glasses and relax. 

You and I - Lady Gaga. Yes. Her again. You know I love her, so she had to make this list several times. This is one of my all-time faves from her (I'm sure I've said that before) because it's tied to a special memory. A few years ago when Amy bought me tickets to go see her she played this song. But it was for her then upcoming, unreleased album and hadn't been fully tweaked and finished. She just sang it straight out at the piano.  No frills. No fuss. Just awesomeness. So, when the album came out and the finished song was present Amy and I reminisced and enjoyed it. So it makes me smile whenever I hear it. That and it's just awesome. So it was a natural for "Y". 

All is well, Y down, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment