"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter


He is risen. He is risen indeed. Alleluia. 

Today was Easter and I hope that it was a blessed day for you. We are enjoying a 4-day weekend as we celebrate so today seemed to move a little slower and a little smoother, knowing that tomorrow morning wouldn't bring a 4:30 am alarm. An extra day to sleep in a bit, wear jammies a little longer (maybe all day), and just relax as we get ready for the push to summer. 

But that's not what it really was about today. Nope. Today we got to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We got to share the great news with our friends and family that God's Not Dead. I mention that because we watched that movie, finally, on Netflix this afternoon. It was great. The boys enjoyed it as much as Amy and I did. A great chance for us all to remember to live boldly. To confess our faith and stand firm in our beliefs. Even when it, as it often is, is difficult.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  Stream it instantly now. Watch and share. God's Not Dead. 

I guess that's about it. The day of fun, candy, eggs, and resurrection comes to a close as I once again enjoy the traditional watching of The Ten Commandments.  Just a chance to wish you and yours a blessed Easter. 

All is well, because HE rose, in Drosche Land. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had a lovely Easter! Wonderful Easter cantata at church, followed by dinner on the grounds. Then home to relax until the kids came over. Only downer was it rained all day and I couldn't hide eggs with my almost three year old grand baby.

    ReplyDelete