"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Zombie & Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah


1. Zombie - The Cranberries. Confession. This song isn't in my collection. Somewhere I know I have the CD, stored away like some ancient artifact. But it comes to mind for the topic and it fits so it gets included. Surely you remember this song from the 90's?  I loved it then and I still love it now. So much going on. The words, the political message behind it, Dolores O'Riordan's voice.  It's one of those songs that, although I haven't heard it in forever, I still remember the words and will sing along whenever it comes on. I have to stop trying to remember when it came out though, it ages me and makes me feel very old. So I'll stick with "back then" and be happy with it. 

2. Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah - James Baskett. Ok. Everyone knows of this song. I mean it's Disney. It's a classic. It's global. I'm sure you're singing it in your head right now too. Sorry though, it'll likely be stuck there for a while.  Who doesn't love this song. Sadly my kids have never seen Song of the South and it's difficult to come by, what with how times have changed and all. But it's still a classic and if you go to a Disney theme park you're sure to hear it. It's also just a fun, positive, happy-go-lucky song. Puts you in a good mood and makes you smile. Well, the first couple of times at least. After that, maybe not so much. 

Well, that's it. Just like that April is over and the challenge has come to an end. Fun. But this is a "Z" post and I will look back later and post about it then. 

All is well, Z down and finished, in Drosche Land. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I have ever heard the Zombie song, but I love the doo-daa! And I remember seeing it and Briar Rabbit at the picture show as a child. How are we serving our children by erasing history?!
    ~ We made it!!! ~
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete