"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Jump In the Line & Judas


1. Jump In the Line - Harry Belafonte. Yes, the song from Beetlejuice, likely where I first heard it. An awesome movie, but this post is about the song.  Calypso.  It's just a fun song. Also, it's hard not to sing it without emulating his Caribbean accent. Try it, I dare you. This is also one of Jackson's all-time favorite songs. He can get down when it comes on and will belt it out with me at the top of his lungs. It's awesome to experience, trust me. So, that's also a major reason why I love it so much. 

2. Judas - Lady Gaga. She makes her 2nd appearance this month. This song is also a favorite of Jackson's and he will often request it, being (like me) a huge Lady Gaga fan. It is also one of her more interesting videos with all of the religious imagery and references used in conjunction with a biker gang. Definitely a unique way to sing about betrayal.  She's nothing if she's not interesting. But I do love it so and, again, will listen to it endlessly. 

All is well, J down, in Drosche Land. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the awesome memories of the Beetlejuice! Everybody conga!
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete