"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Man & Make It To Me


1. The Man - Aloe Blacc. One of Braeden's favorite songs. One he always requests when we are taking turns listening to music from my iPhone in the car. For me it's another one of those go-to, feel good songs. I'm sure that on more than one occasion a complete stranger has caught me belting this song out at the top of my lungs. Yes, I'm that person!  I do enjoy this song so much that I've debated making it my ringtone; I just can't part with The Walking Dead theme.  Am I the man?  Maybe I am. This song sure makes me feel like I could be!

2. Make It To Me - Sam Smith. Here he is again on my list. His songs are so bittersweet and melancholy. But the words and his voice make them so addictive.  I love the fact that the song is about someone's unrequited love for a friend who is oblivious. Have you seen the video?  It totally plays off on that theme. I'm sure Amy is laughing reading this as we have been in that exact position. She was Sam Smith and I was the clueless love interest. Luckily I came around and realized she was my soulmate. And we all lived happily ever after. So stay strong Sam Smith, there's still hope!

All is well, M down, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment