"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 03, 2015

Country Strong & Calling Dr. Love


1.  Country Strong - Gwyneth Paltrow.  Did you see this movie?  With Gwyneth and Tim McGraw.  About the country star with emotional and addictive demons.  It's a tearjerker and I'm getting sad just thinking about it.  Amy didn't share my affinity for the movie, but I love it.  This song is just one of many from the movie that I love.  Who knew Gwyneth could sing?  Maybe it was a byproduct of being married to Coldplay frontman?  Maybe it was just a hidden talent?  Regardless, I love the movie and this song.  If you haven't seen it, do so quickly.  It's on Netflix, but only via DVD.  

2.  Calling Dr. Love - Kiss.  A classic.  Kiss.  So many songs from this band but I love this one.  Surely you know it or have at least heart it once.  Commercials, movies, CDs; you can't have missed it.  We saw Kiss in concert a few years back at the Rodeo (yes, the Rodeo) and they rocked it.  Of course they performed this, among many others, and it was great.  Hard to believe they're all in their 60's and still going.  But look at The Rolling Stones, they're in their 100s and not slowing down.  Rock & Roll, and face paint, do a body good I guess.

All is well, C down, in Drosche Land.  

1 comment:

  1. enjoying your wide variety of song choices - never heard of gwyneth being in a country movie, nevermind singing! but Kiss - classic crazy rock! love it!
    happy c day!

    ReplyDelete