"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Defying Gravity & Drink in My Hand


1.  Defying Gravity - Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel.  Wicked.  Even if you haven't seen the musical, surely you've heard about it in some capacity.  Especially given the recent attention focused on Idina Menzel with Frozen.  This is one of Amy's and my all-time favorite musicals.  We have read the book (radically different but also awesome) and seen it twice.  I love a good show-tune and this is one that never fails to disappoint.  Idina Menzel and her awesomeness aside, I also love this song because of Kristin Chenoweth.  She is amazing.  I was a huge fan of her on Pushing Daisies and then on GCB.  There are times when I'll listen to the entire soundtrack, it's that good.  And yes, I know all the words.  No shame there.

2.  Drink in My Hand - Eric Church.  I wish I looked that badass in a baseball cap and aviators.  Alas, I don't.  But I do love this song.  It's a great song to get pumped up to and leaves you feeling awesome.  One of the best things is the twang his voice has.  Maybe it's because I have a slight one myself (some would argue thicker probably) but I am a sucker for a good Southern accent.  I can't have this song on and not be in a good mood.  

All is well, D down, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment