"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 23, 2015

These Dreams & Thrift Shop


1. These Dreams - Heart. It's Heart!  Honestly, this isn't my favorite Heart song. That would be Barracuda but "B" was full so here they are with my 2nd favorite. Who doesn't love a good 80's power ballad by a girl group?  Well, look no further. Here is a great one from Heart. This song marked a comeback from the group after dwindling popularity after the late 70's. It's been covered and used in numerous TV shows and movies so I'm sure you've heard it, a snippet, or a version thereof. Somewhere along the way. But the original is the best, as it usually always is. 

2. Thrift Shop - Macklemore. Ok. So you have to know this song. I mean, how could you have escaped it?  Did you know what "pippin' tags" meant before this?  I doubt many people did. It's catchy. It's mainstream hip-hop. And yes, I have no shame in stating that I can recite/sing/dare I say rap every word. The boys love this one too and it's always one to please when it comes on. Causing us all to stop and jam for a couple of minutes.  Maybe even on the way to Goodwill to score some great second-hand deals?

All is well, T down, in Drosche Land. 


No comments:

Post a Comment