"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 10, 2015

I Will Wait & I'm Not the Only One

N

1. I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons.  Love this song. Love this band. I am a sucker for a banjo too and this song has a great inclusion of it. There's just something about the folksy sound of the band, the banjo, and the lyrics that all just work together. A little country, a little rock, a little folk, a little bluegrass. It just gets to me on so many levels. I'm not often at a loss for words, but this is one of those times when I just can't put it to words. I guess maybe that's a sign of its success for me?

2. I'm Not the Only One - Sam Smith. Sam Smith. Wow. There is not a song of his that I don't love. I could, and have many times, listen to the entire album on repeat. But this is my favorite of all of his songs. Bittersweet from beginning to end. Plus, have you seen the video?  I love it and feel it fits the song so well. Plus it's got the actress that played Quinn on Glee and she is awesome. I may or may not have listened to this song, sometimes to the chagrin of my kids, the entire way to school and home again on more than one occasion. That's a 40-50 minute trip each way folks, about 10 listens depending on traffic. Yes I've counted. But it's just that good. All of it is, but this is the best.

All is well, I down, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment