"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 06, 2015

Everybody Wants To Rule The World & Everything




1. Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Lorde.  I love me some Lorde.  I love me some Hunger Games. In this cover the two collide into something awesome. I'm sure there are plenty of purists out there that will have nothing to do with this version, stating that only the Tears for Fears original matters. But, as great as that is, this one is also. Something about her voice, the tone of her music. It just works. Jackson is actually a pretty big Lorde fan too and this happens to be one of his favorites. He seems to have inherited an eclectic love of music from both Amy and I. Who knows, maybe he'll have something to do with music later in life?  Maybe he will just love it. Either way, Lorde is in his repertoire. Mine too. 

2. Everything - Michael Bublé. I wish I had an accent mark on my name. Makes it look cool. Anywho. I love this song. I love Michael Bublé (yes, I just wanted to type the accent mark again). This is my favorite though becaus I associate it with Amy. It's one of the songs that sums up my feelings for her. Everything.  That's what she is to me. Mr. Bublé states it far more eloquently and melodic than I ever could though. I've heard he is pretty awesome to see in concert. Maybe we will get that pleasure someday. Until then though, this song is always available to me whenever I want to think of Amy. 

All is well, E down, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment