"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Freedom & The Funeral


1.  Freedom - George Michael.  Come on.  You know this one.  Hopefully you're singing it.  Clearly one of his most famous post-Wham songs.  Plus, it's an awesome video that solidified the power of the supermodel.  What's there not to love?  Sadly, I can't say that there are too many Drosche Land members that enjoy this song as much as I do, so it is relegated to times when the audience is minimal; namely just myself.  But still, a classic.

2.  The Funeral - Band of Horses.  Heard of this song?  I can't quite remember where I heard it first.  to be honest I Googled its use and couldn't recognize any of the TV shows or movies that have used it.  So, I think maybe it was the Ford commercial mentioned on Wikipedia?  Maybe.  Either way it's a good melancholy song.  A little on the long side and less mainstream so it might not be that familiar to many, but still good.  Again, my "F" songs are apparently polarizing as this is another one with few fans where I come from.  Oh well, I will enjoy it.  Give it a shot, maybe you will too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment