"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X?


Once again here we are. That time of year in the countdown when the letter "X" comes up. X. Poor letter. Misunderstood. Rarely used.  Especially as the initial letter in a word. Not totally useless. I mean we wouldn't have foxes or boxes without it. Nor would we be able to fax someone or refer to our saxophones by their shortened diminutives. But to begin a work with "X"?  Well, that's just downright rare. And even when it's present it uses the sound from the letter "Z". Poor X.

Clearly I have no song in my collection beginning with this underutilized letter. A quick trip to Google returned a few examples. Xanadu by Olivia Newton John.  XO by Beyoncé. A few others. Yet I am unfamiliar with them. Sure I have heard of the two I just mentioned but they made no impact. So I cannot comment on them or provide you with guidance in finding a song beginning with "X". So I'll simply dedicate this post to the poor letter itself. For now unused in this month's posts. But, there's always next year!

All is well, X down, in Drosche Land. 

1 comment:

  1. There's "Moonlight Feels Right" which features a beautiful xylophone.
    ~ The end is in sight!!! ~
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete