"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Book Review - Eclipse

Well, I have officially finished 75% of the Twilight Saga and I must say that it is only getting better.  Each book is exponentially better than the previous.  This leaves me with super, crazy high hopes for the final installment.  But I know I will not be disappointed.

So, Eclipse is somewhat of a pivotal book in the series.  Storylines from the first two come to a head and get resolution, while other storylines gain speed and momentum, clearly building up for the last book.  It always amazes me when an author pens a series like this.  I cannot imagine the forethought and planning that goes into one book, much less several.  Meyer does a spectacular job at seamlessly blending each of the books together so that you get the feeling as though you are reading one giant book, which for the sake of heft and back strain, has been split into several smaller and easier to manage volumes.  

Eclipse is the show down for the Team Edward vs. Team Jacob debate.  Although I can't speak with too much surety about this since I do have one book yet to read.  However, this book truly examines the triangle and plays with your emotions and mind the entire way through.  It's a great ride actually, even though you are constantly twisted and bent by the storyline.  But, having said that, this is only one tiny part of the book.  There are so many events and emotions running through the book, but Meyer writes and deals with each in a way that you are never confused or overwhelmed.  Rather you are right there experiencing it all alongside the characters.

So, I think I must stop because if I talk any more about the book I will give it away.  However, I have to admit that I jumped on the bandwagon so late in the game I'm not sure there are many people out there who are unfamiliar with either the books or the movie.  But I could be wrong (a first huh?).  I guess I will have to remain more tight-lipped for the review of Breaking Dawn since many people watch the movies and don't read the books and that movie has yet to be made/released.  Oh well, at least I'll be ahead of the game in some aspect.  Until then, if you have not begun to read this series - START NOW!  Seriously.  Come on, everybody is doing it.  If the peer pressure doesn't lure you in maybe the fact that the books are just straight up awesome will!  Do it!  :)

All is well, one bite left (HA!  Another vampire reference!), in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment