"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Big Day

Well, as I write this I'm in Amy's hospital room and she is sleeping.  She should be for a while too due to the pain and anti-nausea medicines they gave her.  The anesthesia in surgery always makes her sick so that was one of our biggest worries going in to the surgery.  But she informed the nurses and they gave her 3, yes 3!, anti-nausea medicines during the surgery and an additional 2 doses afterward and all is well on that front.  Even simple anti-nausea medicines tend to make her drowsy so I'm assuming she is going to get a nice, long (and much-needed) sleep from what she has received today.

All went well this morning.  Luckily Braeden didn't have any more problems with being upset this morning and it was actually quite easy to drop them off at school this morning (the first of many answered prayers today)!  After that we came to the hospital a little early, after a quick stop by Starbucks.  On a side note I sampled their new Via instant iced coffee - not bad at all!  But it does have 50 calories per serving and I like my coffee calorie-free so we'll see if I get any.  But my iced coffee this morning was awesome!  But I digress.

Anyway.  They called her back for Pre-Op right on time at 10:00 and I waited and passed the time by reading (Stephen King's Cell ((AWESOME)).  Then at 11:00 they called me back to sit with her in the holding area until it was time for her surgery.  This was good because we got to talk and relax which eased her mind.  Then they took her down for her surgery at about 12:40.  

I headed to the cafeteria for lunch (an ok yet over-priced trip to the salad bar) where a good friend surprised me and passed the time with me (THANKS MELANIE!).  Then I went and got my laptop from the car and went to get some homework done in the Waiting Room while I waited (there's that word again!) to hear more.  Amanda came and sat with me when she got off of work (THANKS!) but the doctor never did come and find me.  I kept checking the board for her status (pretty cool - think the arrivals/departures board at the airport - kinda like that).  Then after a long while of waiting the receptionist called and told me what room she would be in and we headed there.  More waiting, 30 minutes, and she was brought into the room.  

Well, that brings us current on today's adventures.  Amy, of course, is still sleeping and I am blogging and manning the Facebook and text lines here at command central.  I need to head home to let Lucy out and pick up Amy's blood pressure medicine and my dinner, but I'm not going to leave until she wakes up.

All in all it went very well.  I, and I know Amy for sure, am just glad that it is all finally done.  Now we can begin the next journey here in Drosche Land.  Thanks to everyone for their prayers, well wishes, and thoughts.  I will speak for Amy right now and say that they meant A LOT to her and made today easier!  Thanks from me as well!  We have the best family and friends we could ask for!  

All is well, in a temporarily relocated, Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment