"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2012

So I watched the movie 2012 this morning.  1 word - Awesome!  I love me a good disaster flick and this is about as big as it gets.  Earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, oh my!  This movie has them all.  Add in some super-cool CGI effects showing the complete destruction of natural and man-made landmarks and you have a great story about the end of the world and utter global catastrophe.  There's even some Biblical references, especially at the end (not giving away details).  I definitely recommend it.  I was worried about the 2 1/2 hour running time, but it flew by.

But I digress again.  So, as is I'm sure the intention of the film makers, it got me thinking about the potential truth to all of these 2010 end of times theories.  Is there something to them?  Who knows?  Obviously I hope not, I have a lot of plans.  Many of which extend into 2013 and far beyond.  By 12-21-2012 we still be in the middle of (although hopefully very near to the end of) moving and the adoption, so you can see my eagerness for the failure of such "prophecies".  But in the end (pun intended) I have no say so over when, where, how, or why the world comes to an end.  I'll leave those things to God, he tends to do a much better job in planning than I do myself!

What it did also remind me of, again another intention of the film makers I'm sure, is that we should be thankful for what we have now.  I have an excellent wife (woo hoo Amy!), 2 wonderful (albeit crazy!) boys, and tons of great family and friends.  So yeah, I'd say I'm pretty blessed!  Yeah, I know, pretty deep thoughts from a visual effects laden, action packed, eye candy movie (Awesome - see it!), but you never know where they're going to pop up from.  See, you can learn something from movies!  :)

So, don't see the movie for any soul-searching reasons.  See it because it is awesome and stuff gets destroyed!  But while your watching it remember to live your life and be thankful.  Ok, I'll step down off of my soap box.  Just some thoughts.  Enjoy the movie.  Oh and another thing the movie may teach us - if the end of the world is in 2012 and it ends like it does in the movie, then we are in for some crazy and spectacular happenings!

All is well, and very blessed, in Drosche Land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment