"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 26, 2010

Victory Is Ours?

Well, tonight the bedtime routine seems to be going far more smoothly than it has been lately.  I will begin by saying that Amy was right.  A while back we decided that maybe their bedtime should be pushed back slightly.  We have always felt bad about them being in bed by 7:00 p.m. but they have always seemed to need it.  Well, bath time was pushed to 7:15; meaning bedtime was 7:30 p.m.  I have not been as diligent with this as I should, but tonight I got back on the train and with some successful results!  Granted, it's hard to hear the calling and noise without the monitor, but there has been not much at all.  I went out of our bedroom once, soon after putting them to sleep, to get my textbook and they were standing at the door.  I again got firm, hey stop laughing I can be when I want to, and told them to lie down and go to sleep.  That was it.  At least I think it was, I will check one last time before officially turning in myself.  Are we out of the woods?  Who knows, but at least tonight went well.  And let me tell you, after the rough day at school I had, I needed a small victory!

On a sadder note, Amy may be getting the butt-whipping bug that visited me on Saturday!  Ugh!  She woke up not feeling so well and that persisted throughout the day.  Tonight she was off and on nauseous again so we will see.  I hope not, it was no fun for me no matter how shortly it lasted.  We will see how she does tonight after some sleep.
 

I'm getting excited because tonight I finished my last journal for this current course!  I just have the assignment to do and then I am finished with one more course!  That'll be 4 down, 6 to go!  I will admit that it is getting harder to maintain motivation to continue to work.  You don't truly realize how busy you are until you add something hefty to your schedule.  Then you are able to see just how little down/free time you actually have.  Flash-forward a year to April 2011 when my graduation date is, it will be so odd to not have homework.  Don't get me wrong, I don't anticipate missing it at all, but it will be weird having so much sudden "free" time back.  But then the more I think about it, that newfound "free" time will quickly be eaten up by the rapidly approaching adoption and all of the work and paperwork that is included in that.  Once again, fun, but more work.  Add to that the fact that Braeden will be entering Kindergarten in the fall, as we officially enter into the adoption process, and it is enough to make me cringe!  So, it looks like this is just what it is like to be an adult.  Constantly busy with the reasons constantly changing.  Didn't I just post about this?  Déjà vu all over again!  Being an adult sure can suck!  But it will all have its payoff when that wonderful little girl comes into our lives!  Until then it's just deep breaths and plowing forward.  No rest for the weary!
 

All is well, busy but hopefully sleeping easy, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment