"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 09, 2010

Try Again - No Gaga for Us

Well, today was the day that tickets to the Lady Gaga concert at the Toyota Center on July 25 went on sale.  My wonderful wife took the time out of her day to try and score us some tickets (they went on sale at 10 a.m. so I was in class).  However, it was not meant to be.  They seemed to be sold out before they even went on sale.  Oh well.  Amy was so upset, bless her.  But it is what it is.  Would have been AWESOME, but I'm not going to pay like 5 times the ticket prices via other options.  Good news though, as I figured, they added a 2nd show on Monday, July 26!  These tickets go on sale next Friday.  So, we'll see if we were meant to go to this show.  If not, total bummer but I can handle it.  I think this whole Dave Ramsey viewpoint accompanied with the adoption have helped me to realize what is truly important.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still have my moments when things get skewed, but I'm slowly coming around.  So, the new countdown to the next sale date begins!  T-minus 6 1/2 days and counting.  Stay tuned.

Tonight though should be fun.  We are going to a party at a church/school friend's house that should be pretty cool.  It's a crawfish boil and I love some crawfish - but not in the whole peel and suck the head sort of way.  But there's gumbo which I also love!  So, that accompanied by the fact that our 931 band Antidote 7 will be playing (yes they do mainstream too) make it a shoe-in for an AWESOME time!  Mom is watching the boys overnight, which they both are excited about.  So, party, good food, good drinks, friends, and a kid-less night!  That's a way to start the weekend after a crazy busy week!  Hence the reason I'm posting now - later will not be an option and remember the post-a-day goal!  Friday, April 9 - check!
 

All is well, with fingers crossed for concert tickets, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment