"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter 2010

Well, the last holiday of the school year has officially come and gone.  As busy as we were, I have to say we did well today - doing absolutely nothing.  We needed it too, all of us.  Easter yesterday was great.  The Easter Bunny did an awesome job and the boys loved it!  I'm only going to post a few pictures below.  For the rest I'm going to use Snapfish to place a link on the side like I did for the Campout pictures.  I hope this works and everyone can view them.  Anyway, moving on.  Easter at 931 was wonderful, we truly enjoyed it.  Especially Braeden.  Easter must be his favorite time of the year because he has been talking about it for the past two weeks.  He can tell you the whole story too!  This makes Amy and I so proud and just is another great example of the wonderful education he is getting at Trinity - and I promise I have no biases! :)  After church we surprised my grandmother for her birthday, Amy's idea, and that went very well.  Then we spent the remainder of the day hanging out at Amy's Mom's house eating delicious food!

Like I said earlier, today we truly just stayed at home and relaxed.  Sure there was cleaning and laundry to be done, but we only left the house late in the afternoon to do a little quick grocery shopping.  Amy, riding high on the thought that the money we could have put toward a new car can do wonders for the adoption and our debt snowball, spent a lot of time doing financial planning today.  First of all she did her usual 2nd pass for our taxes and found a few more breaks we can take.  We will only owe the government $3.90!  HA!  Take that Uncle Sam!  We haven't owed that litter EVER!  Needless to say this is fantastic news.  Next, she did a lot of work looking at our debt snowball, and our lives once everything is paid off.  We truly will be following the Dave Ramsey plan.  It will be awesome and will truly allow us to go through the adoption much more easily.  She is wonderful!  Not only does she do a great job at our family finances, but she loves it!  I couldn't be luckier.  So, all in all, it was a great break.  I can't believe that the school year is almost over though.  I'm both excited and nervous about staying home with the boys over the summer.  I haven't had a summer, ever, so I'm not sure what to do with one.  Luckily the boys will still be enrolled on Tuesday/Thursday so that'll give me a good schedule of home/away.  But that's a post for another time.  Time now to relax with Amy, watch Dancing with the Stars, and vote for Kate Gosselin.

All is well, after an egg-cellent break, in Drosche Land.


 
Jack and his eggs after the hunt
 
 Braeden with his egg hunt treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment