"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 19, 2010

Blogger's Block

Well, tonight is one of those times when I struggle to think of something to write about.  Today was pretty uneventful despite being crazy and long.  So I wonder, is posting an entry every day too ambitious?  Do I actually have something worthwhile to write about every day?  You may be asking yourself why you are reading this if there is no topic or reason for me to write.  Good question, then why are you still reading?  Why and I still writing?  But I digress again.  I start these random, topic-less posts in the hopes that a topic or idea will suddenly pop into my head and I will be inspired to write.  Thus is the case now.

I haven't talked much about the adoption in a while.  Not because it is not important, or because we don't talk about it ever.  It is, and we do.  I guess it is just that we are now in that awkward period of waiting to actually officially begin.  We have made the emotional commitment to the adoption and we are very excited.  But now we are bound by our age and limited in what we can do next.  What we can do, and what Amy is working so hard to do, is financially prepare.  As you previously read, we have kicked our debt snowball into high gear and are getting gazelle intense about it again (Dave Ramsey term).  This is exciting because we had gotten into a rut lately where we were just moving along at a steady pace rather than quickly.  But with the escrow overage check, we are finally back into the quick and excited pace.  We also continue to read other blogs and learn about the adoption process through the families who have gone through and/or are currently going through it.  This is fun because we get to imagine ourselves at that place where we are blogging about getting our good news, traveling, and bringing home our daughter.  Lastly we continue to study the shared lists through links from Great Wall.  We enjoy looking at the children and dreaming about our daughter and what she will look like, be like, act like, etc.  So I guess you could say that we are still, and will be for a while, in the dreaming stage.  Am I disappointed at times that we still have so long to wait?  Yes, but then again it is somewhat of a blessing in disguise since we will be able to so greatly prepare for the journey that lies ahead: emotionally, physically, mentally, and financially.  Not that we can ever be totally prepared for something like this, but hey, the time couldn't hurt could it?  Waiting, praying, preparing.  That's where we are, for now.

See, I guess I did have something to post about after all.  Sometimes I guess it just takes a bit of rambling to get started.  If you know me, that shouldn't come as much of a surprise though I bet!  Well, it may not have been huge, super important, funny, or accompanied by pictures.  But I enjoyed it.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

All is well, and unblocked, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment