"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 23, 2010

Bzzzzzzzzzz

Well the title of this post is in reference to our week which has been nothing but busy!  Get it?  Bzzzzzzz, like in busy as a bee?  Ok, so not that funny, but somewhat clever.  Every year I forget how busy this time of the year is for us teachers.  The days seem to fly by.  This week was even more busy than normal and every night was late for us.  I am writing this as I work the front desk at the Center while Amy helps out in a classroom.  Partially to give myself something to do, and partially because I don't know if I will have the energy to write tonight once we finally get home, fed, and put the kids to sleep.  These past few days were the busiest though.  Wednesday was my usual late day with Faculty meeting, but yesterday was a doozie!  I had a field trip in the morning to see a play, which was great, and then we rushed back to school to slam down lunch before heading to a special FBI presentation.  That was the day, no teaching.  Then last night was the annual kick-off to tomorrow's Step by Step 5K at The Downtown Aquarium.  We rode the train 3 times, Ferris wheel twice, carousel twice, saw the tiger, and jumped in a moonwalk in the shape of an octopus (which Jack hysterically calls an oppopus!)  Lots of fun and the boys had a blast, but we did not get home until 8:00!  Then today I had an all day field trip that was loads of fun but has totally wiped me out!  We will get home late again tonight only to have to get up tomorrow morning at our usual time to make it back to Trinity for the 5K at 7:00.  But that is also always lots of fun.  I just hope this year the boys walk the entire kid's 1K on their own.  We will see, you never know what those kids are going to do!  After that?  Who knows?  Maybe home for a nap or possibly just grocery shopping and errands.  We will see if there is rest in store for the Drosches.  I used to think, "Wow, we're busy lately!" every now and then, but I'm beginning to wonder if that is just how life is as an adult?  If so, then whoa!  Nobody prepares you for this.  I don't feel like and adult, and I definitely don't feel like that "t" word that is threatening me.  Oh well, busy busy busy but for the most part always fun.  There is something to be said for that exhausted, yet contented, feeling at night! 

The boys on their second carousel ride, not on the animals - those were too scary!

 Braeden on the first train ride

 Jack hamming it up on the first train ride

No comments:

Post a Comment