"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, But Not in Drosche Land

So, the first step in our moving adventure was to contact the bank.  Check.  The next step was to contact a realtor and begin the process of listing the house.  Check.  Sort of.  Last night Amy and I decided to go the route of using Dave Ramsey's ELP program in order to find one.  We figured since we have had such great success with his program and the fact that we are able to even consider moving right now is largely due to his program (and Amy's super gazelle intensity) we would throw him some props and business.  So I visited his website and 10 minutes later we received our first phone call!  Flash forward to today, a couple of calls and emails later and we have our first meeting with a realtor this Sunday!

That excitement was short-lived however once we realized everything we would have to do to get the house ready for the real estate agent, not to mention what he would recommend we do to ready it for listing!  So the list-making began!  I love me a good list, but this is one that (although exciting) is quite daunting!  Tonight the work began with the back yard.  Namely mowing and cleaning up.  I am sad to report though, our beloved nectarine tree, first mentioned here, is gone.  It was doing so well this past spring, but didn't survive throughout the summer.  I'm not sure what happened, heat, a bad wind storm that resulted in its slanting, or just bad luck, but it is now no longer part of our yard.  I mean, who wants to buy a house with a huge nectarine stick "growing" in the back yard?  Yeah, that's what we thought too.  Oh well.  We will revisit the fruit tree experience in the new house.  I have to give credit where credit is due on this one though.  Amy was the one who removed said tree from the yard and she is also the one who knew it was dead long before I was willing to admit that sad fact.  I just kept hoping it would spring leaves and blossoms again.  Today I was proved wrong.  Nope, just a giant dead stick.  On a side note the lemon tree is doing quite well and we have 3 big, although still green, lemons on it!  Sadly though my little lemon tree will most likely stay with the house to provide its future owners with citrus as I'm nearly positive that trying to transplant it again will bring it to a fate similar to that of the nectarine tree.

Thus begins our work.  Although tonight we were able to cross one thing off of our list.  So that's something positive.  This week, and especially Saturday, will be filled with frantic cleaning, rearranging, de-cluttering, and otherwise fixing up.  Hopefully our work will pay off and Mr. Realtor will give us positive feedback!

All is well, with one less tree, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment