"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Diagnosis

Well, we finally had a repairman out today to look at the dryer.  We went with ARS because our families have used them many times before and they were able to meet our main need of evening appointments.  We left work a little early to meet him at the house at 4 and he called just as we were getting home, convenient huh?   

He set to work on the dryer while Amy and I unpacked from the day and I began working on dishes.  The boys, Jack in particular, would wander in and out of the laundry room, curious about this man we let in to our house.  After about 10 minutes the verdict was in.  It was not what we had wanted to hear.  We had wishes and prayers for a blown fuse or something else that would be inexpensive and easy.  But such was not in the cards for us at this time.  The diagnosis?  The heating element was kaput.  The cost?  $307.  The part?  On order, to be delivered and installed in a few days.  Oh well.  Although far more than we wanted to pay it was still cheaper than a new dryer.  Especially since Amy and I have grandiose dreams/plans to get a top-of-the-line washer/dryer set with an accoutrement of bells and whistles.  But that is long into the future.  If this $307 part will get us another 5 years out of our basic (and I mean newly-wed, no money basic) dryer all is well.  

Once again I will preach the glories of Dave Ramsey and his Financial Freedom Plan.  Thanks to Mr. Ramsey and his genius we do have some money built up in our Emergency Fund for an instance such as this.  While not convenient, it is also not the end of the world.  Because we are smart.  We are dumping debt.  We are working toward (thanks to Amy's financial genius) Financial Freedom!

So, still without a dryer for a bit, hopefully it will be fully repaired by the time the weekend comes so I won't have to rely again (for a 3rd weekend) on good weather to dry my laundry.  Hmmmmm.  That reminds me, I have a load of kitchen towels in the washer I need to go hang up.  Then I need to check this weekend's forecast, just in case!

All is well, on the road to Financial Freedom and dryer repair, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment