"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wishateria

As you may have surmised, and correctly so, by this post's title our dryer is still not working.  I have to admit though that I was hoping and praying it was a fluke.  That the dryer needed a staycation, a time to rest and rejuvenate itself.  As I began a load of laundry today I started the dryer too, just to see if it would work.  Fingers crossed, prayers and wishes said I waited, a whole 10 minutes or so.  However, the above was not the case, it was still not working.  Needless to say I proceeded with the laundry by hanging it up to dry outside.  On a positive note though we are being very green and saving energy, even if by force.  Oh, and I have become quite adept at maximizing the surface area of the drying rack and camp chairs to fit as much wet laundry on them as possible.  So I guess this adventure it not without its silver linings.

Right now we are in a laundry quandary (how awesome and appropriate is that rhyme!).  To repair or not to repair.  Not as dramatic as Shakespeare, but relevant nonetheless.  Thanks to Dave we have an Emergency Fund ready to assist us in fixing this problem, but if we choose that option we have no guarantee or warranty that the dryer will not quite again in the near future, or (GASP!) that the washing machine would follow suit!  However, our Emergency Fund is not padded enough to afford a new dryer.  Plus, when we do have to by new we want a top-of-the-line set that does everything but fold the laundry for you (however by the time our Debt Snowball is paid off and we've saved up enough it might do that also!).

So, until then we are stuck in our laundry quandary (HA!  Love it!), hanging our clothes out to dry.  But I'm not letting the dryer off that easy.  Once the clothes are dry I bring them in a put them on the "Air Fluff" cycle with a dryer sheet to perk and freshen them up a bit.  Take that dryer!  We continue to weigh our options and pray that the rain keeps to the weekdays and not the weekends!  HA!  But again I must say, that with our new outlook on money and our quest for Financial Freedom, we have remained quite easy going about the whole situation.  We are slaves to no lenders!  Take that Home Depot and Conn's, yeah we don't need your credit!  

All is well, green and conserving energy (yeah that's a positive spin (HA  get it?  Spin?!) on the situation), in Drosche Land.    

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dusty, how I love your posts!!!! And you guys' financial freedom determination!

    ReplyDelete