"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Babies? What Babies?

So today was Jack's 3rd birthday.  I believe I've mentioned it a few times huh?  Well, this is the rare occasion that I am posting more than once in a day.  I just can't get over the fact that he is 3.  No more babies, just kids here in Drosche Land.  Don't even try to call him "Baby" either, as a term of endearment or not.  He will firmly tell you he is a "big boy", and rightfully so.  

It is sad to watch him grow up, but happy at the same time.  Braeden has been the big brother for so long that it seems as though he was never a baby.  But my Jack-Jack, that's another story.  This is the little one that I would fall asleep with in the recliner after his middle of the night bottle.  The one that perfected his "mad face" before he could walk.  The one that has spent the last 3 years trying to convince the rest of us that he is in charge here!  My baby that I woke up with every night for what seems like forever to give him a bottle, get him his binky, cover him up, or whatever else he beckoned to me for.  Yes, he has me wrapped around his little finger.  One sly look and he knows he has won me over.  One smile to momentarily mask the underlying naughtiness!  That ever-present twinkle of mischievousness in the eyes.  All still there, as it has been from the very beginning, only now older.  The face of a kid, not a baby.  

We have lots of different ways to refer to him.  Jack-Jack, Jack, Jackson, special, independent, strong-willed, sneaky, goofy, a ham, and handful.  The list goes on.  Now we have one more description - big boy.  :)  :(  

All is well, and baby-less, in Drosche Land.

  My Birthday Boy, with his special sly grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment