"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ladybugs

So yesterday's post centered around Braeden and his newfound handwriting skills.  Today is Jackson's chance in the spotlight.  A few things Jack is not - quiet, subtle, meek.  Quite the opposite in fact - loud, boisterous, a force to be reckoned with.  And we would have it no other way!  Under that dominant exterior is my little gentle giant and today we got a wonderful glimpse into this side of him.  Jack is not a fan of insects, often pointing them out in a frantic manner.  Also, for some reason he insists that every bug he sees is a ladybug - although we have no clue why it is a source of amusement for us.  Coincidentally, we have a very large number of ladybugs in our backyard now since we planted our nectarine tree.  This evening, while I was making pancakes (breakfast for dinner is one of our favorites) Amy went out with the boys in the backyard while they were playing.  She found one of the ladybugs on the nectarine tree and picked it off.  She knows I will not do this - I am not a fan of bugs.  This is possibly where Jack gets the slight panic from.  But I digress again.  Anyway, Amy got a ladybug and gave it to Jack, placing it in the palm of his hand.

Now, this could have gone terribly wrong.  Jack is not known for grace and finesse.  However, it was very much the opposite.  He carefully held the ladybug in his hand and walked around.  It was so sweet to see him so gentle and caring.  He often is this way with Lucy, when he's not trying to ride her, and it is just one of the many facets of Jack that make him our special little guy.  I knew right away that this event was blog-worthy and Amy watched the pancakes while I grabbed my ever-present iPhone and snapped away.  The results are below and capture the true Jack - silly and sweet.  My favorite part is when I asked him to hold his hand still so I could get a good picture of the ladybug in his hand.  He literally held his hand with his other hand.  This can be seen in the picture.  It was great!  Of course, the ladybug flew away eventually and this did not make for a happy Jack!  But with a little consoling and dinner he was fine.  I'm nearly positive that whenever we are in the backyard, Jack will now insist on finding and holding ladybugs!  What a great kid!

All is well, and nature loving, in Drosche Land.


Jack showing off his ladybug
 
The ladybug - notice Jack "holding" his hand still!

No comments:

Post a Comment