"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Cut Above The Rest

 So, this blog may be a few days late in coming, but contains good news.  But I will start off by saying that I fully intend to blog more often, my goal is to do so daily like many of the great blogs I read and follow.  However, sometimes when I look at what is going on with me, I reach blog block.  Nothing seems blog-worthy.  I will say though that I originally started this blog with the title of "Blog Block" and how sometimes I find it hard to think of things to write about.  As I was writing that a new topic came to mind, and suddenly I felt much better about my blogging skills.  But I digress, back to the point of this post.

Saturday was a momentous day in Drosche Land.  Braeden got his hair cut for the first time without crying!  True, he whined a bit, but that is far from the knockdown, drag-out fits he used to throw when it came time to cut his hair.  I have to give it to Amy though; she has the patience of a saint.  She cuts the boys' hair and the reason is two-fold.  Initially it was to save some money.  They're still young and there is no reason to spend a fortune on their haircuts when it is so simple.  However, after our initial attempts long ago, the found the second reason to cut their hair at home - the near hysterics each of them reached when the time came to trim.  However, that seems (mostly) behind us now!  I say mostly because Jack's experience on Saturday was not perfect, but still a far cry from what it used to be. 
 

Granted Amy used a scissors rather than the clippers (even though the clippers would have been twice as fast), per the boys' request, but it went quite well.  As happy as we were about it, it was yet another reminder that they are growing up - all too fast!  There are so many times lately when we look at them and are shocked at how old and mature they are.  I guess it is one of those bittersweet parts of parenting.  You want them to grow up and become self-sufficient, yet you want them to stay young and need you.  It's a never-ending struggle.  Personally, the older they get the more I realize I am not done having children.  It just gets me more excited about the adoption and confirms for me that this is what is meant for us.  It also makes it a bit easier to swallow the fact that the boys are growing up, because I know there will be more little Drosches to come.  But until then, we rejoice in the progress and accomplishments the boys make each and every day!

All is well, and neatly trimmed, in Drosche Land.


Braeden and his new haircut


Jack and his new haircut
 

No comments:

Post a Comment