"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 01, 2010

Insurance Worries

So, now that Amy and I have decided that adoption through the China Waiting Child Program is right for us, we are presented with a new set of questions/worries.  Insurance.  Will insurance cover any medical needs our child has?  Will they deem any special needs as "pre-existing"?  What insurance hurdles, if any, do we face as we proceed?  Amy tried to call this evening but was given the answer of calling our insurance company directly.  Well, of course Murphy's Law would have it that we found this out after the close of the business day.  So we must wait until tomorrow.  That is, if we can even be given a direct answer tomorrow when Amy calls.  Of course I am a bundle of worries!  If insurance does not cover costs of future medical needs, that throws a serious wrench into our plans as obviously we would not be able to financially support many things.  So, I worry.  Amy says not to, it's senseless to worry about something we know nothing about.  But, I worry.  What if?  What if?  What if?  Will this become my new mantra throughout this adoption process?  I fear the answer is a resounding yes!  But I take a deep breath and proceed with prayer as Amy calls insurance again tomorrow!  I hope she receives a positive answer right away without further drama.  We shall see though.  Did I mention that until then I worry?  I worry. I'm generally a positive, rosy-colored glasses, glass half-full person.  But this process brings out the anxious worrier in me.  I want it so badly, the possibility that something could impede it scares me.  So, I worry.  Useless I know, but I do.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring a post alleviating all of the fears and worries expressed in this one.  

Other than that though, today was quite a good day!  It seems as though last week, and the drama it brought, are slowly slipping behind us!  It was a late night for us, but the day is drawing to a quiet and peaceful ending.  So, I end this post as I began: worrying.  Happy, but worrying.  Off to bed to think and pray more about the phone call Amy will make tomorrow.  

All is well, though worried, in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment