"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Writing's On The Wall

Well, it seems that many a blog entry will be about our rapidly growing boys.  Just as I finish yesterday's entry about haircuts, hot on its tail is today's entry.  So, last night was Amy's monthly staff meeting with her workers at TLCC.  Usually I just pick up some McDonald's for the boys and take them to my room to eat and play until it is time to get Amy.  However, last night was different because Amy ordered pizza for her staff.  She's so thoughtful that way!  So, I stayed at the Center with the boys, in the front office and we all had pizza for dinner.  I was a little nervous because they tend to get a little, ok a lot, hyper when we stay at the Center.  I really wanted to fight the procrastination monster and get some coursework done.  Luckily there was paper, crayons, and a basketball.  We were set.  I gave the boys some paper and crayons and told them to draw pictures.  They did, for about 10 minutes, then that was done.  Braeden brought me his picture and it was so cute - it was a picture of me!  The typical little drawing of a big circle with two dots (eyes) and 4 lines sticking out (arms & legs).  My heart melted and I told him I would keep it.  The rest of the evening went well as they rolled the basketball to each other and played until it was time to leave.
Fast forward to this morning.  The boys are sitting at the counter eating breakfast as usual while Amy and I packed lunches.  I pull out Braeden's picture to put it in my bag and take to work so I can hang it up.  Lo and behold I totally missed something last night!  He wrote his name!  By himself!  With no help!  Now, he has written before mind you, but never without coaxing from someone and NEVER this neatly.  I have to admit - I was moved and got a little weepy.  It was beautiful.  Suddenly my little baby boy was gone.  Here was a kid - writing and spelling his name to me, beaming as he did so!  I was shocked and I don't think I have ever been as proud of him as I was right then.  Ahhhh, another bittersweet moment in their lives.  Happy/sad, wanting him to grow up/wanting him to stay little.  This time though, I think my pride and happiness edged out the bitter sweet.  He is so wonderful and we cannot believe how big he is getting.  It seems like just yesterday we were changing diapers, then not long ago we were bemoaning the fact that his handwriting looked like it was done by an epileptic foot.  But now he is over that, and how!  Just see below for yourself I type, with a grin ear to ear across my face at my biggest boy!

All is well, and handwritten, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment