"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Vehicle

We live far.  Far from work, far from family, far from friends.  But far is relative.  We are still totally within the metropolitan area, just a littler further out than some most people.  Our morning commute, on a good day, takes about 40 minutes.  In the afternoon, an hour at best.  Yeah, I know, it's a lot.  But we've gotten used to it over time.  Needless to say we spend a lot of time in the car.  So the vehicle we rely on here in Drosche Land must meet many needs.

When Amy was pregnant with Jack we bought a van.  We'd just started building the house and with another baby on the way it seemed logical.  Plus we had plans of carpooling with my sister-in-law until she changed those (after said van purchase!).  Thanks Amanda!  :)  

A van wasn't my first choice, I'll be honest.  I'd much rather have a big SUV.  However, a van is more economical, budget-friendly, and environmentally responsible (remember the living far out part?).  So we bought a van.  It could hold us for years to come, got good gas mileage, and had a DVD player (remember the living far our part?).  Over the years though, it's grown on me.  She's seen us through a lot of good times and road trips.  It still gets great gas mileage and continues to hold our growing family.  She's a workhorse and super dependable.  Not to mention, she's almost paid off!

So, while it isn't for everyone, a van is for us.  When the time comes to put her out to pasture, we'll likely get another.  Even if we move closer in to the city, which we eventually plan to do, we'll still want a van.  We're minivan people and I'm ok with it.  We're still cool.  In fact, we're a lot like the people in one of my all-time favorite commercials.  Remember them! Ahhhh, love it!  Amy insists that I still hate it, but I don't.  I  actually love it.  But shhhhhh, don't tell her!  I'll just keep it a secret!

What's your vehicle?  Are you a minivan person?  If so, welcome to the club!  If not, you're cool too!

Here she is.  Our swagger wagon in all her beautiful and hardworking glory!

All is well, with comfortable seating for 7, in Drosche Land.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment