"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 02, 2012

B is for Braeden

Of course it would be right?  I mean, yes, I talk about him a lot but how could I come to "his" letter of the alphabet and not let him be the sole subject?  He's my little doppelganger.  No matter where we go we get comments on how much he looks like me.  We have since he was born.  In fact, looking back at photos of myself as a baby and at his age, it's often difficult to tell if it's me or him!

The similarities don't end only at his features.  He is like me in many mannerisms and personality quirks.  People-pleasing.  Making a joke during a difficult situation.  Avoiding any form of conflict or confrontation.  Addicted to, and easily distracted by, the TV!  An insatiable sweet tooth.  Sometimes I watch him in awe, realizing just how similar we are.  I wonder if this will continue as he grows and becomes a man?  I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a huge part of me that wishes it does!

Our first-born.  Soon to be 6!  Soon to be in First Grade?!  It seems as though just yesterday we were bringing him home, blissfully unaware of the many challenges and joys of parenthood that awaited us!  Where has the time gone?

Braeden!

All is well, celebrating the first born, in Drosche Land.

4 comments:

  1. what a loving post. He is a lucky boy :)

    Love his name too!

    Greetings from the A to Z trail,
    Sylvia @ Playful Creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We fell in love with the name and then of course like a year later it soared in popularity and now they're everywhere! At least ours has a different spelling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely boy who's lucky to have such a great family!

    Look forward to your challenge posts...
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm very excited about this month!

      Delete