"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Impeccable

In this case - dining.  See, Amy and I love our fast food and casual dining restaurants, they serve their purpose and are great.  However, recently we've developed an appetite for finer dining.  Fancy restaurants.  Restaurants where there isn't a kid's menu.  Restaurants where you don't have to ask for a booster seat.  Restaurants catering to a more gourmet palate.

It all started back in August with Houston Restaurant Weeks.  This is a time when restaurants all over Houston offer menus highlighting their best offerings for a special price.  It is a great way to experience some of the greatest our city has to offer!  The best part, aside from eating at some excellent restaurants, is that a portion of the proceeds go directly to the Houston Food Bank.  It's a win-win!  We only made it to two restaurants last year, Perry's Steakhouse and RDG + Bar Annie, and both were amazing!  This got us addicted to taking some time to enjoy some of the finer things (food-wise) that life (and Houston) has to offer.  Plus, it provides Amy and I with a great date night!  We went on one of these just the other night to a French restaurant named Le Mistral.  Wow!  Delicious.  A must-try if you live in or ever visit Houston.  The pictures below are from my meal, I love taking pictures of my food when we eat out at a nice restaurant.

In writing this post I realize it's time for Amy and I to check out the offerings for this year's Houston Restaurant Weeks and begin to plan our outings!  I'm sure cities all over have something of this nature some time so I highly recommend checking it out in your area!  Do you enjoy fine dining?  Dressing up and going out on a date night?  What's your favorite place?  I don't know that I could decide just yet!  Still building up the repertoire!

My appetizer - Soupe de Champignons Sauvages  (mushroom soup, garlic whipped cream )


My entree - Filet de Vivaneau en Papillote  (Filet of red snapper en papillote, zucchini, tomatoes, leeks julienne, saffron potatoes, marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and dill)   

All is well, enhancing my palate, in Drosche Land.

7 comments:

  1. This post is not one to read when hungry because the pictures make me want to drop everything and head your way!

    *~ MAJK ~*
    Twitter @safireblade
    A to Z Blog Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. SERIOUSLY, I should NOT have been eyeballing (nor drooling on) your post! Crazy hard on me when I'm in dwelling in diet-hell! Oh well, it looks like you had a fabulous time and that is exactly what date night is all about! Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry it was tempting, but stay strong! ;)

      Delete
  3. Dusty: I agree that restaurant eating is so much better than fast food. Enjoy! You're making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so much better. Even spending more (sometimes way more) it is so much more of a satisfying experience as a whole! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thanks! I'll head on over and see if I can! :)

    ReplyDelete