"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Snapshot - Rainy Days


I've always loved the rain.  I don't ever remember being scared by storms; the thunder or the lightning.  Quite the opposite in fact, I find them fascinating.  I enjoy watching the rain fall, the storm gaining intensity, the wind blowing in all directions.  I love falling asleep or waking up to rain.  It's soothing.  I was also the kid who begged to go and play in the rain when I was younger.  Be it a sprinkle or a downpour, I wanted to be in it.  With or without an umbrella.  

Apparently, as the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here in Drosche Land.  Both boys, Jack especially, love to play in the rain.  Maybe for the same reasons I mentioned above.  However, I believe it to be related to their unnatural addiction to umbrellas.  Always wanting to play with them, rainy days are the perfect time.  Mom and Dad can't say now then!

So, when we got home the other day and the deluge had slowed for a bit to a light rain, Jack's first instinct was to head out.  I followed, iPhone in hand (I didn't want to get my camera out in the weather), to hopefully catch the childhood fun that is playing in the rain.

Luckily, as he is most of the time, Jack was obliging.  Allowing me to capture his light-hearted and innocent fun.  Ahhh the joys of rain, and an eager and willing subject to photograph!

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.


I was lucky to get this one before heading out.  One of my favorites!


Being silly in the rain!

My willing subject, posing for me!

All of these photos were taken with my iPhone 4S.  They were then edited using the Camera+ app.



www.nihaoyall.com.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment