"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 05, 2012

E is for Eggs

I don't know about your house, but eggs are pretty much a staple here in Drosche Land.  That and cheese.  We nearly always have eggs (and cheese but this is an "E" post) in the fridge.  If we don't we're lost.  Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  Fried, scrambled, hard boiled, deviled, frittata-ed (I'm sure it's a culinary term).  Breakfast tacos (not just for breakfast anymore) are by far our favorite way to consume eggs and we eat them at least once a week, usually as our leisurely weekend breakfast.  However, Easter is rapidly approaching and that means dyeing and hard boiling them!  Who doesn't love that?  The boys are already eagerly awaiting this fun event with their cousins.  I'm not sure why, but hard boiled eggs taste best at Easter, when they're dyed.  Sure, I'll eat them occasionally throughout the year, but Easter is when they truly bring it!  The overabundance of hard boiled eggs at this time of year also means deviled eggs (my all-time favorite egg dish)!  YUM!

Now I realize that I'm bordering on being labeled egg-centric for going slightly overboard on the topic here.  But I do have a good egg-scuse.  When planning these posts, eggs were the first thing that popped into my head for the letter "E".  When I signed up for the challenge I decided to just be myself, blog about what I know and am interested in, and to blog in my usual style.  That's egg-actly what I'm doing with this post!  So, maybe it's not been the most egg-citing post ever, but I think you'll agree that it's a pretty egg-ceptional "E" post!

All is well, egg-cellent in fact, in Drosche Land.

The incredible, edible egg!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dusty, I absolutely love eggs too in all the different ways they can be done!

    This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was sure I wasn't the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eating eggs especially sunny side :)
    Do check out my E at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I'm not a sunny side kind of person, but who knows? Maybe one day I'll give it a go again and love it!

      Delete