"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 09, 2012

H is for Hunger Games

Yes, I know that The Hunger Games are everywhere and bloggers and news outlets have been covering it for some time, but I'm going to go ahead and join the ranks.  After having read about the book a while back when the hype was beginning about the movie's filming, sometime over the summer, I began to think about reading it.  Time passed, the movie's release was imminent and the frenzy was building.  I decided to go ahead and start the series, to read it prior to seeing the movie.  Boy am I glad I did!

I'll admit to jumping on the Hunger Games bandwagon, and I'm not ashamed in the slightest bit.  I was intrigued by all of the hype and press that was everywhere.  If you have not read it yet I HIGHLY (another "H" word) recommend it.  It's addictive and a fun and easy read.  I was quickly enthralled by the storyline and am now fully addicted.  I'm not going to give a full-on book review here, I'm not terribly gifted at writing those.  Plus, odds are you have some clue as to what it's all about.  I'm simply here to be one more person to join in the craze.  One more person for you to relate to if you love it or one more person to persuade you to read it if you haven't.  I've finished the first book and am one night of reading away from finishing the second!  I've yet to see the movie, but I always enjoy reading the books before watching any movie adaptation.  With Stella's arrival getting nearer I see myself enjoying the movie in the comfort of my own home (thanks Redbox!).  I'll post again about that once I see it.  A good old compare/contrast.  So, the moral of this "H" post - read The Hunger Games.  :)

READ IT!  Whether it's via iPad, Nook, or the old fashioned way!

All is well, curled up with a good book, in Drosche Land.

4 comments:

  1. Hi…I’m hopping over from the A to Z Challenge. Lovely post…good luck with the challenge.

    Donna L Martin
    http://www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Good luck this month yourself!

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to read this even though I don't care for dystopian YA. Unfortunately, I am broke and the library waiting list is like 3 years long! What's a girl to do?!

    It's nice to meet you, Dusty. I'm a new follower via the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIkes! Well, I hope you find a book or the funds soon because it is so worth it! I'm beginning Mockingjay tonight and can't wait! Good luck!

      Delete