"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Juggling Act

Well, the new school year may not have yet begun, but we are fully into the school year routine here in Drosche Land.  2 days back into it all and so far so good.  We have been able to successfully wake up, get everyone ready, and get out the door on time.  Then our evenings have been a good balance of dinner, dishes, making lunches, baths, and appropriate bedtimes, with even some TV time included!  However, having said all this I am constantly aware that we are technically not fully into the routine yet.  That will come on the 18th with the beginning of the 2010/2011 school year.  Then we will see how well we continue to do.  Once things get really crazy and there are unexpected late nights, daily stresses, and other unforeseen calamities.  That is when the test will truly begin.  If I sit quietly and very still I can actually feel the pace of things begin to quicken!

Also, notice in the above mini-victories nowhere did I mention homework.  Ugh, I shudder at even the mere mention of it!  Yeah, I am writing this late-night post thanks to the ever-present homework.  Everyone else is asleep and I, as I typically do, have put off homework until the last minute.  Although I guess tonight counts as the second to last minute since the work isn't actually due until tomorrow.  Why then, do you ask, am I working late tonight?  Good question.  This week's assignment is a doozie.  Not difficult mind you, just cumbersome and time-consuming.  Having not worked on it one bit before tonight, I knew there was no way I would be able to complete it all tomorrow with my sanity and hair intact!  So, I bucked up and slayed the procrastination monster (or at least wounded it) and worked tonight.  I can't take total credit though, it was Amy who helped to suggest that I start tonight.  

So, I take a much needed break from homework to write this blog.  That and I'm halfway finished with the assignment so I think I've earned the right to call it a night.  Plus we are 3 days into August and I have yet to post!  Crazy I know.  But hopefully this has quenched your insatiable need for one of my juicy blog updates.  Oh yeah, blogging, there's one more thing to add to my to-juggle list.  I love it so.  We will see if getting back to school affects the frequency with which I blog, hopefully not, perish the thought!  :)

All is well, haven't yet dropped a ball, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment