"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 16, 2010

Surprise Surprise

Well, yesterday was Amy's birthday!  She had a great day.  However for me the best part was that I FINALLY surprised her with something.  I mean, she hates surprises and it is nearly (although I know now not totally) impossible to pull one over on her.  I managed to do it though.  A victory in our marriage I will not soon forget.

She has been wanting a Coach purse for a long time, possibly forever.  I had been researching and listening (shock I know!) to what she wanted.  So, when I got my money and the time finally came it only took me about 40 minutes to hop on over to Dillard's to get one.  Now, that isn't really my favorite store, but the Galleria location was closest and I knew I could get in and out easily.  So, once I got it I headed back to school (it was during the day on Friday) and began with the whole "I hope you like it" shtick.  Well, the brief time I was gone and my limited funds confused her and she was sure I had not gotten the item (mentioned and hinted at numerous times over the past few weeks) she desired.  I hadn't intended on playing it up so much, but hey, it was fun so I did!  I knew the payoff would be awesome if I could keep her from knowing or suspecting the truth.  It wasn't easy either.  Hiding presents (she's a hunter and a peeker), keeping a straight face, misleading her.  It was a lot of work!

Sunday morning came and I could barely contain my excitement for her to open her present, which of course, I kept for the last one.  She saw the box and the moment was priceless.  The victory of the sneaky surprise forever burned into my memory.   Ahhhhhh, I enjoy thinking about it even now!  Then she opened it and it just kept getting better and better.  Needless to say, it was a great way for her to start her birthday.  Throw in the fact that she is doing amazing with her weight loss  and she was one happy birthday girl!  We even found out that in the rare event or need of a celebration, sugar-free ice cream is great for her!  

All in all it was a wonderful day.  Great presents, great food, great time with family.  Everything she could ever want and deserve for being so amazing herself!  Now the inevitable question arises though.  Do I begin planning on outdoing myself and surprising her even more next year (I mean it will be the big 3-0 so it calls for it) or do I just remain content with my one victory?  Hmmmmm, I've got time to think and decide!

All is well, still gloating over my sneaky victory, in Drosche Land.

Amy, looking gorgeous along with the famous surprise purse!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment