"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Shop 'Til I Drop

No, I'm not talking clothing or shoes folks, something far better.  It's time to do some classroom shopping!  Woo hoo!  Ok, calm down calm down (that's directed at me, not y'all!).  So today I made my first trip out in search of all things teacher-y!  For this trip I hit up Mardel.  If you haven't been there before run, don't walk, to your nearest location!  Well, finish reading this first and then run!  The reason I chose Mardel is because it isn't just a teacher supply store, it's a Christian bookstore AND a teacher supply store!  Awesome huh?  So I went there in search of items to support and enhance this year's theme & verse.  What is it you ask?  Well, our theme is Attitude Check and is based upon Philippians 2:5 - Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.  A lot of us are also using the fruits of the Spirit to support this as well.  So, while Amy and the boys napped, I headed out in search of a lesson plan book, name plates, and attitude and fruit.

At the top of my list was obviously a lesson plan book, kind of essential you know.  Well, maybe I'm picky, maybe there are a gazillion different plan books, or maybe it's some kind of combination of the two but it took be around 30 minutes to decide on one.  Go cheap and get less space for lessons, get more space for lessons and spend like $15.  Seriously?  So, after all the searching and analyzing I opted for the same plan book I've gotten for the past 2 years, trusty, familiar, and the perfect mid-range price of $8.  Onto the name plates.  Once again, maybe I'm picky (you think?) but since my classroom theme is frogs I want name plates with frogs.  Well, my usual ones must have been discontinued (gasp!) so I had to find something new.  Lucky for me frog-themed classroom supplies are popular and abundant, well with the exception of name plates - only one choice there.  They're colorful and slightly abstract.  Although they are described as "Frog-tastic" (which of course they are!), Amy thinks they look slightly Aboriginal (I have to admit I kind of agree)  but they're cute so I bought them.  

To make a long post short (too late?) I ended up finding some great fruits of the Spirit things that I'm excited about.  When I realized I had hit my budget I began snapping pictures with my beloved iPhone so I could make a photo wish-list of my "must have" items for the classroom.  So, I'm done for today, the remainder of my shopping will have to wait until payday, when I will make a trip to heaven, well Teacher Heaven that is but it's pretty close!


I am addicted to teacher stores, I mean who isn't?  You walk in and are greeted by the comforting smell of books and a hot laminator and the sight of thousands upon thousands of teacher goodies! Everything I see I must have.  I mean the possibilities are endless.  Bulletin board sets, posters, borders, name plates, stickers (oh the stickers!), die cuts (hundreds of shapes!), books, etc.  I could go on but I'm getting all jittery and hyperventilating at the idea of it all!  Calm down calm down (again for me, not you).  Needless to say I had a blast, just one of the reasons I look forward to this time of year.  Ahhhh, and I haven't even begun to discuss the joys of the treasures found in an office supply store!  But, that's a blog, a trip, and a budget for another time!  :)  

All is well, comfortable with my addiction/sickness, in Drosche Land! 






My Aboriginal Frog name plates!

Who doesn't love a crown for their birthday!  (Wish-list item!)

Borders borders borders!  With the ever-important frog section in the middle! (Wish-list item!)

My new favorite poster!  Attitude + frogs = MUST HAVE!  (Wish-list item!)

No comments:

Post a Comment